1. Plug in your flash device. Wait until it completes its detection if inserted for first time. Verify that no important data placed on pen/flash drive Or backup your data in secure place.
2. Right click on device, select 'Format'.
3. At the very next window, Choose file system as 'NTFS' (If you have access to linux file machine then use FAT32 as file system). Remember to Un-Tick check box of 'Quick Format'. Click on Start.
4. Wait until it finishes its processing.
5. Again right click on flash device,select "Properties". Navigate to "Hardware" tab, Select your pen drive and click on "Properties".
6. Select 'Change Settings' from very next window.
7. Click on 'Policies' tab, Change radio button from 'Quick Removal' to 'Better Performance' and then click on OK.