- Using proxies
Some of the proxy servers are as follows:
You can get more live servers from here.
- Using VPN services
Some of the VPN servers are as follows:
- Using Firefox addon
2. Install the add on Foxy Proxy.
3. You have to turn it on while browsing blocked websites!
- Using Google Chrome Extension
2. Install the extension Proxy Switchy.
- Using Google Cache
2. Type cache: before the address of the blocked website.
3. If you want to browse the website Facebook.com, then just write the search query as "cache:facebook.com"
Windows does not allow to modify certain kind of system files place within system protected directories without having special administrator permission. So to acquire these permission, download and install "Take Ownership" reg file from here.
The zip file contains two registry file, namely "InstallTakeOwnership.reg" and "RemoveTakeOwnership.reg". Just double click on "InstallTakeOwnership.reg" file to install Take Ownership feature!
1. Navigate to the directory "C:/Windows/System32/drivers".
2. Right click on etc folder and click on "Take Ownership".
3. Open the folder etc.
4. Open the file "hosts" with Notepad. (Right click, select open with Notepad).
5. Go to end of the file.
6. Write 127.0.0.1 Website_Address . Replace Website_Address with the one which you want to block.
7. Restart the machine to take effects.