1. Create a folder on Desktop. Place the files into it. Generally having same file extension for all files, such as JPG, is better to change the extension of all files to target extension, such as EXE.
Here I have placed files with .jpg extensions.Suppose I want to change .jpg extension with .exe.
2. Open command prompt by pressing "Shift+Right click" in folder windows where you have placed the files and select "Open command window here". This will automatically grab the local path. No need to apply change directory command!
3. Hire the command as "ren *.jpg *.exe" to convert all jpg files to exe files.
- Change jpg with the any extension that source file is having.
- Here * means all files with same extension.
- You can simply enter file name to change the extension of only selected file with target extension.
- Change exe with other type such as rar, zip, pdf etc.
4. Now check out the folder where you had placed the files with particular extensions are now changed with your target extension! You cannot open these files simply by double clicking on it. As it may result into display of garbage data.