- Open Run box (Windows key + R) on your Windows system. Type "regedit" and hit enter. You will get a registry editor.
- Navigate to the registry link:
- Just right click on "WriteProtect" file and modify the hexadecimal value from 1 to 0.
- Restart your PC.
- Create a new key by right clicking in empty white space in Control folder and by choosing Now -> Key. Give the name as "StorateDevicePolicies".
- Now double-click on the new key (folder) as shown in the pic above and right-click once again and choose New -> DWORD.
- Name it WriteProtect and set its value to 0. Click OK, exit Regedit and reboot your computer.
- list disk
- select disk x (x is the number given to flash drive, figure out with the help of your flash drive’s capacity)
- attributes disk clear readonly
- create partition primary
- format fs=fat32 (you can swap fat32 for ntfs if you only need to use the drive with Windows computers)
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Removable Storage Access.
Removable Disks: Deny execute access
Removable Disks: Deny read access
Removable Disks: Deny write access
This is working for almost Transcend pen drives. Just follow the steps.
1. Download and run the programme JetFlash online recovery.
2. Specify the capacity of your drive eg. 512 MB, 1 GB.
3. Choose "repair and erase all data" OR "repair and keep existing data"
4. Wait until it formats the pen drive.